Monday, October 12, 2009

Autumn Leaves Cake





Over the weekend my family and I joined together in celebration of my aunt and uncle's 40th wedding anniversary. My cousin hosted the beautiful party at her house and of course I supplied the cake. Since my aunt and uncle love the fall, I decided to decorate the cake around this beautiful season.

The cake is frosted with chocolate buttercream since my aunt doesn't like fondant (even the homemade stuff!) so of course I would have loved to have gotten it smoother but I just did the best I could and used swiss dots for more visual interest. The leaves were made of fondant and cut out with leaf cookie cutters and then dusted with gold luster dust. I also arranged extra leaves on the cake table at the party.

The party was so much fun and of course my aunt and uncle loved the cake (they even fed each other the first slice of the cake just like they did at their wedding! Awww...)

7 comments:

Lois B said...

Great looking cake - beautiful leaves. I know it added to the joy of the celebration!

Lyndsay said...

Kristen, that cake is incredible!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, I love it!

Colleen said...

Another beautiful cake from you!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

That is so gorgeous! You are very talented!!

Bugaboo said...

Beautiful cake!

Nick and Julie said...

I love it! It couldn't be more perfect!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online