Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cream Scones





These scones were so soft, buttery and flaky...they were the perfect addition to my tea party. I served them with fresh lemon curd and they were a huge hit. Yet again, it was another perfect recipe from Good Things Catered. I actually froze these scones after I cut them out and they kept perfectly. I baked them from frozen, and just added a few minutes extra to my baking time. Keep this one in the archives, it's the perfect classic scone.

Ingredients
Source: Good Things Catered

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
6 Tbsp butter, plus 1 Tbsp, chilled
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 c. heavy cream, chilled

Directions
-Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment.
-In a small bowl, combine cream and vanilla, stir to combine, and place back into fridge.
-In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and whisk to combine well.
-Touching butter as little as possible with your fingers, cut 6 Tbsp into small pieces and add to flour mixture.
-Cut butter into dry ingredients using a pastry blender (or two knives) until all pieces are the size of a small pea or less.
-Remove cream mixture from fridge and pour into dry ingredients.
-Stir until just combined (this should be relatively sticky.)
-Turn dough out onto floured work surface, lightly roll 1 inch thick.
-Using 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out disks and place onto prepared baking sheet.
-Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and place one on top of each scone.
-Place baking sheet into oven and bake until just barely beginning to brown; about 12 minutes.
-Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and serve warm.
- Makes aprox. 12-13 scones.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

these look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I LOOOOVE the big close up pics. They ar emaking me drool. And what a good idea to freeze them. I've NEVER done that. I should def try! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online