Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Honey Glazed Baby Carrots



My mom used to make glazed carrots when I was younger, and I loved them! So the other night I made them because I thought that they would be a perfect accompaniment to my roasted chicken. I found this recipe on Food Network, and it was really fantastic.

The recipe was simple, straight forward, and didn't use any crazy ingredients. I did add a few different spices to the recipe though which added a wonderful fall/Thanksgiving feeling to the carrots. Overall, this was a great veggie side dish and I will make it again!

Ingredients
Adapted from Sunny Anderson, Food Network

Salt
1 pound baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (I omitted)
A dash of the following spices: (I added these)
All Spice
Nutmeg
Ginger
Pepper

Directions


In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil (it's not clear in the recipe about how much water, so I just added enough to cover the carrots which worked well). Add salt and then carrots and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the carrots and add back to pan with butter, honey, lemon juice and spices. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.

1 comment:

#1SAHM said...

this is my favorite way to eat carrots...yum!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online