Friday, January 29, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Cookies




This is my wonderful mother in law's recipe. My mother in law is an awesome lady...kind, loving and she can bake a darn good cookie. This recipe is simply wonderful and I was so excited to recieve the recipe as part of my Christmas gift this year! My husband and I just go crazy over these cookies...they are soft, chewy and have the perfect amount of chocolatey sweetness. They are by far our favorite cookie.

This is certainly a recipe I'll cherish forever, and I hope you will love it as much as our family does!

Ingredients
Source: My mother in law

1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup finely chopped nuts (optional...I don't use them because my husband doesn't like nuts)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Cream butter until light and pale in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar and continue to mix well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix toghether with a spoon. On low speed, add flour mixture into the creamed egg mixture just until it comes together. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts (if you are using them). Drop by teaspoon onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until soft and puffed up. Cool on cookie sheet until set up, about a minute or two. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

5 comments:

Cate said...

I think I'm going to make these this weekend...chocolate cookies are always good to have around!

Unknown said...

Go mom-in-law! How great that she gifted the recipe to you. She must have known how much you would cherish it. (But did she know you were going to share it with the Internets?) I love cookies, so it's safe to say I would try these anyway, but you've certainly made a great case for sampling them. Chewy, chocolatey, who could want anything more? Thanks for sharing.

Anyway, I found you through TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

Best,
Casey
Editor
www.tastestopping.com

Maria said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! Yum!

Ashley said...

I made these cookies and they are delicious (I'm eating one now), however mine didn't spread and become flat and thin like the ones you have pictured (which is my favorite way!). Instead mine maintained their shape and were, well puffier. Any advice? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I tend not to write many responses, however after reading through a few of the responses on "Chewy Chocolate Cookies".
I actually do have some questions for you if it's allright. Could it be simply me or do a few of these remarks come across like they are coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing at additional places, I would like to keep up with you. Could you post a list of all of your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Feel free to surf to my web site; クロエ店舗

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online