Monday, December 21, 2009

Peppermint Bark




So I know there has been an influx of peppermint bark recipes these past few weeks. It seems like every food blog I look at has a recipe for peppermint bark. But alas, I made this anyways and wanted to share the recipe I used with you all.

To be honest, I haven't even tasted this. I don't like peppermint desserts and candies at all. But I know people do and I LOVE the pretty color it brings to the cookie tray. Plus, this could not be an easier recipe. From start to finish I had this done in less then 10 minutes which is very nice around the Holidays!
Ingredients
Source: McCormick

1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips

1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract (optional)

8 to 10 drops McCormick® Red Food Color or 8 to 10 drops McCormick® Green Food Color

1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes

Directions
1. Microwave chocolate chips in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract, if desired. (I melted the chocolate over a double boiler. I used 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract and it made the chocolate seize up a bit...although I knew it would do this before I even tried. I don't think it affected the quality of the chocolate, just keep this in mind.)

2. Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Add food color, drop by drop, over mixture. Using a wooden skewer, swirl color through chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candies, pressing lightly into chocolate with spatula.

3. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm. Break into irregular pieces to serve. Store in covered container at cool room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those peppermint-loving people. This looks awesome!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online