Friday, April 17, 2009

Garlic Lime Chicken with a kick



I found this recipe on Allrecipes a long time ago, and it has since become one of my husband's favorites. This chicken definitely has a bit of a kick to it, and the lime pairs very well with it. But in all honestly, this is not one of my favorite chicken dishes. I really don't like spicy things, so I try and use a little less of the spice rub on mine. In addition, I always prefer to bake chicken, not pan fry it. But either way my husband really loves it, so I thought I'd post it because if he likes it someone else probably will too!!!

Ingredients
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder (I omit)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I use 2 whole chicken breasts, pounded thin)

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder (I omit this)
3 tablespoons lime juice (I use the juice of a lime)
2-3 tbsp. chicken stock (I add this)
2 garlic cloves, minced (I add this)
Directions
In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. In another small bowl, combine lime juice, chicken stock and fresh garlic cloves and pour over cooked chicken breasts. Cook an additional 5 minutes or so, or until sauce has started to thicken. Stir frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Garlic and lime...yum!

Colleen said...

I am always looking for something new to do with chicken. And this looks great for summer!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks like a wonderful marinade! Thanks for sharing!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online