Monday, April 6, 2009

Wilton Course 1, Class 2






Since I missed the 1st Wilton class due to my vacation, the 2nd class was technically my first, but we decorated a cake in this one which I was really excited about!

I've been wanting to take the Wilton classes for ages now, but could never find the time/people to go with! So me and 2 other "nesties" got together and are taking the class!

The first class was so much fun but I am SO excited to learn the more difficult techniques. I have a lot of practice to do (ie. writing...I stink at it!!!) but I'm really looking forward to practicing more and more.

Everyone in the class did an Easter themed cake, but I asked my instructor if she had any birthday related patterns since I was bringing the cake into work and had two birthdays early this week! So I did balloons!

I used my favorite Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe, but used the "special dark" cocoa powder for something different. I filled it with strawberry mousse, which was a great addition.

All in all I was very happy with the 1st class and am SO excited to continue on with the rest of the Wilton cake decorating classes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh YAY! I love these courses. SO CUTE! And I love the idea of the straberry filling with the chocolate cake. YUM!

Molly Jean said...

Yours looks great!

I really enjoyed those courses too. So much fun!

Joanna Eberhart said...

Cute! I can't wait until I take the classes!

Maria said...

Love the balloons! Nice job! So where in FL were you? We are going to Palm Beach next month, is that by the beach you were at? Just curious. If so I would love some travel tips:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online