Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tomato & Mozzarella Panini



Yesterday I completely forget to take meat out of the freezer to thaw for dinner, so a coworker suggested soup and sandwich! What a simple but comforting meal. Also, my panini press is totally underused (I've used it once since my wedding almost 2 years ago) so I decided to pull it out!

I decided on tomato and mozzarella for something really simple but tasty and it was a huge hit. I mean, what's better then a kicked up grilled cheese with some butternut squash soup?! Yum! Sometimes the simplest meals are the most appreciated.
Ingredients
4 slices white bread
4 tomato slices, very thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
Mozzarella Cheese (a "real" ball of mozzarella would be best, but the shredded can be used in a pinch. I used shredded for this panini and it was fine!)
butter

Directions
Preheat panini press (or heat up a skillet) and butter one side of each slice of bread. On the "unbuttered" side of the bread, sprinkle garlic (aprox. 1/2 clove for each sandwich), line with tomato slices and top with mozarella cheese. Place other slice of bread, buttered side up, on top of cheese and place on panini press and toast to desired donenness. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

Great picture - they look really yummy! You've inspired me to dig out our panini maker too :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I love tomato and mozzarella together, I wish I had a panini press!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online