Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pork Chops in a Fig and Shallot Reduction




Two things:

1) If I ate a pork chop one way for the rest of my life, this would be the way.

2) If you haven't checked out the Noble Pig blog, go do it. Now! (please?)

Seriously though, the Noble Pig blog has been one of my favorites for a while now. I love her writing style and we must have the exact same palate because everything she makes I want to try. This, however, was the first thing that I actually did try from her blog and it was *amazing* and so, so easy!!! I had the whole thing done in less then 30 minutes.

This was a fabulous weeknight meal, and would also be great for company (the name alone implies fancy...little will your guests know how easy it is to make!) and if you love figs like I do, you will certainly love this dish. Enjoy!

Ingredients
Source: Noble Pig

1-1/2 to 2 lbs. Boneless Pork Loin Thin Sliced Chops (I used 2 butterflied chops)
2 cups of beef broth or beef stock
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 large shallot, chopped
9 dried figs, diced (I was convinced I wouldn't be able to find these, but lo and behold they were right next to the raisins and other dried fruit at my supermarket)

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 Tablespoon cornstarch

salt & pepper for seasoning

Directions
Preheat a nonstick skillet. Add olive oil and fry pork chops in batches, 2 minutes per side and remove from pan; keep warm. Add shallot to the pan and cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add beef broth, balsamic vinegar and figs. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in a little water. Add this cornstarch mixture and cook 1 minute. Add chops back to the pan and cover. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Remove the chops from the pan and pour sauce all over. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! Can't wait to try.

Maria said...

The reduction sounds divine!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online