I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com and it was awesome! My husband and I really enjoyed it although I think I've done something very similar with chicken before. Either way, it was a great weeknight meal.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (I used Panko bread crumbs instead)
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut in half (I used 2 whole chicken breasts pounded thin)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, cereal. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter evenly over chicken.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until coating is golden brown and chicken juices run clear.