Monday, November 3, 2008

Roasted Chicken with Risotto & Carmelized Onions






This was my 1st attempt at Risotto and I'm pleased to say it came out very good! It was a bit time consuming, but I was prepared for that. I had orignally planned on following the recipe exactly, so I put my Chicken in the oven early so then i could just chop it up and put it in with the risotto. However, when my husband got home he said he'd rather have the chicken on the side. So i had to re-heat my chicken which made it a little dry but really it was fine. I just roasted 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with some olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
The risotto itself was great. The balsamic and carmelized onions added a lot of unique flavor. I also added a lot of freshly grated parmesean cheese right before serving because I just love it! I also served it with a side of French bread drizzeled with olive oil, salt and pepper.


INGREDIENTS
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
7 cups hot chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Parmesean

DIRECTIONS
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the onions are a dark golden brown. Remove from heat, stir in the balsamic vinegar and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a separate large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the rice and mix well. Let heat for about 2 minutes, then pour in the wine. Reduce heat to medium low and start pouring in the broth about 1 cup at a time. Add more broth as each cup is absorbed. Continue in this manner until all the broth is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 20 minutes.
Stir in the reserved onion mixture and allow to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish each serving with fresh thyme & Freshly grated Parmesean Cheese.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online