Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quick Chicken & Wine


I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com. I was a little hesitant at first because I wasn't sure how the breading would work out or how it would taste after simmering in wine but it was really fantastic!!! I think it's my new favorite chicken dish! The chicken was SO moist and the flavors were really great....the Parmesean added such a great bite and you could really taste the flavors of the wine. I would highly reccomend this for a great, simple weeknight meal.

INGREDIENTS
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips (I used 2 chicken breasts and pounded them thin...did not cut into strips)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I don't measure anything when I cook, but I'm positive I used more than 1/2 cup of Parmesean. I used more like 1/2 c. per breast)
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine (I used a Lightly Oaked Chardonnay)
4 tablespoons butter

DIRECTIONS
Make sure chicken is VERY dry before starting...otherwise the breading won't stick. Additionally, I coated my chicken with flour before proceeding which also helped the cheese stick.
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a shallow plate, spread Parmesan cheese. Divide chicken into three parts and dip seasoned and floured chicken in eggs, then coat well with Parmesan cheese. Repeat until all of the chicken pieces are well coated (if you run short on egg and Parmesan, add one more egg and more Parmesan as needed).
In a skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium high heat. Cook chicken, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
Reduce heat and add wine. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
You could very easily serve as is. However, I then took the chicken breasts out, put on a baking dish (sprayed with non-stick spray) and spread panko bread crumbs over the top. I then put the chicken in a 450 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes until browed. It gave the chicken a nice crunch. I then drizzled the remaining butter from the skillet over the top of the chicken.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online